Who we are and what we do?
Moving to a new country can be an exciting experience and a real adventure. It can also be a challenge to find a place in a new social environment, make friends and see a role for yourself beyond paid employment. This is where The International Women’s Club of Sofia can make you feel at home.
With members from more than 40 different nationalities you can be part of an organisation that supports its members by providing regular events and activities with opportunities to meet other women in similar circumstances in a friendly and relaxing atmosphere.
• Monthly get-together
• Lunches and evening dinner events
• Bar nights
• Movie nights
• Book groups
• Social and cultural gatherings
• Foreign language conversation groups
• Introduction to and recommendations for local services
• Advantageous offers and discounts
• Physical activities – golf, hiking etc.
• Mum and baby groups and children’s playgroups
• Charity actions groups and projects
Have fun lending a helping hand
IWC helps support charitable projects here in Bulgaria by organising one of the biggest charity event on the Balkans. The annual Charity Bazaar involves more than 70 stalls, receives great media coverage and achieves record breaking results which enables us to provide much needed support for numerous worthy causes. According to recent statistics the IWC-Sofia holds first place among the Women’s clubs worldwide for raising the largest amount of money in a single day (200 000EUR).
Become a member
Membership is open to female foreign passport holders, who legally reside in Bulgaria, and are interested in the purposes of the club. Bulgarian membership is restricted to 15% of the total club membership.
New applicants or existing members can now pay their membership fees through the bank or online via ePay. The membership fee is 150BGN for calendar year. This fee covers the membership period from September 1st through August 31st of the following year.
Please find the bank details below:
INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S CLUB
Bank: UNICREDIT BULBANK
Please be sure to write your full name, telephone number and home country on the bank slip when you deposit your payment. Membership supports the cost of the monthly coffee mornings, printing the newsletter and membership badges.
If you need further information, please contact our office via e-mail: email@example.com.
Come as a guest
If you are new to Sofia or if you are looking to reinvent and reinvigorate your social life, the IWC could be the answer!
The IWC runs many different social events, but the Coffee Mornings held once every month are the place where you can pop-in without being a member. You will be greeted as our guest and over a cup of tea or coffee you will have the opportunity to share your experience of living in Bulgaria with other women from different parts of world. You might also come across a great find at one of the tables with hand-made gifts, vintage jewellery and cosmetic products, specially arranged each month by the board of the club.
You may attend two monthly Coffee Mornings and one of the monthly activities before joining the IWC. Currently the guest fee stands at 15BGN payable at the door.
Terms and Conditions
1. Free admission to IWC Monthly Coffee Mornings, which includes foods, beverages, tombola with prizes and sometimes special entertainment.
2. Free admission to our Monthly Newcomer’s Coffee Morning, which includes foods and beverages.
3. A copy of IWC’s monthly newsletter.
4. Weekly email updates, which provide the latest news about upcoming events and activities, community news, other news of interest to our members.
5. Voting rights to elect the board members and the executive committee of the IWC Charity Foundation.
6. Participation in the club’s events which are exclusively organised for our members, such as the cooking demonstrations from members of various countries and embassies, monthly luncheons specially selected restaurants, cultural events organised by embassies or our community etc.
7. Participation in our various activity or hobby groups, meeting regularly to pursue special interests. We have many groups such as book club, tennis club, hiking and skiing group, children’s storytelling group, handicraft and patchwork group, English conversation group, free Bulgarian language classes etc.
8. Participation in our Annual Charity Bazaar, which is our biggest fundraiser which supports the various projects of the IWC Charity Foundation.
9. Participation in visits and supporting the various projects of the IWC Charity Foundation.
10. Receiving secure access to our website with a unique user name and password. This will give access to the up-to-date online events and activities calendar, latest news etc.
11. Special discounts from various restaurants and service providers available exclusively for our members. All you need to do is to show your IWC badge at any one of the establishments listed on our website (members access area only) and receive your discount or offer.